Published on October 7, 2022, Updated on October 27, 2022
Published on October 7, 2022, Updated on October 27, 2022
Invisalign aligners are orthodontic devices constructed of transparent plastic. They treat gapped teeth, crowded teeth, spacing problems, and bad bites. Invisalign technology develops a treatment plan that gradually realigns your teeth by utilizing the current and final straightened position of your teeth. These clear aligners straighten the teeth by exerting pressure on the teeth over the course of many months. Dr. Ronald Ayzin at Laguna Dental Center has experience in Invisalign since 2017 and will help you boost your confidence with a straighter smile!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign are orthodontic appliances and a clear plastic alternative to dental braces that are used to straighten teeth. It is constructed from SmartTrack, a flexible thermoplastic polymer. This type of orthodontic treatment is less noticeable because there are no metal brackets and wires. Teeth gaps, irregular bites, and mild to moderate crowding and spacing issues can all be successfully treated using Invisalign.
What are types of Invisalign?
- Invisalign for Adults – This is the complete mouth alignment procedure where patients wear their clear aligners on the top and bottom teeth. Typically, Invisalign for Adults takes a year to finish; however, it may take up to 18 months in some patients’ cases.
- Invisalign Teen – Invisalign Teen straightens teeth, creates space for erupting teeth, moves the jaw forward, and improves the look of the bite and chin. It also contains compliance indicator dots that allow the dentist to check if patients are wearing their aligners as directed.
- Invisalign First – Young children and patients who qualify for interceptive orthodontics are ideal candidates for Invisalign First. With this type of Invisalign treatment, orthodontic issues like crowding, spacing, and narrow dental arches can be treated for children who are still growing.
- Invisalign Express – Invisalign Express only necessitates wearing five to ten sets of aligners. It is best suited for patients who have mild spacing problems or those who have a moderate relapse from a previous orthodontic procedure. Invisalign Express only lasts three to six months because there is less to fix.
How does Invisalign work?
- Initial Consultation
Your dentist may swiftly and precisely scan your teeth in 3D with the use of the iTero Element® scanner to build a customized treatment plan just for you. Even before you begin your Invisalign treatment, you’ll be able to see a preview of your new smile thanks to this.
- Wearing Your Aligners
Your dentist will examine your smile to ensure that they fit properly when you receive your initial set of customized clear aligners.
- Regular Dental Visits
You should schedule visits with your dentist every few weeks so they can monitor your progress and give you your next set of aligners.
- Maintaining Your New Smile with Retainers
Following the completion of your Invisalign treatment, there is one final step: wearing the retainer. A retainer is needed in order to help the teeth maintain their new positions while the supporting bone and connective tissue grow around the base to maintain your new smile.
At Laguna Dental Center, make an appointment with Dr. Ronald Ayzin for Invisalign
* FREE Invisalign Smile Consultation ($100 Value)
* FREE Digital X-rays especially for Tooth Invisalign ($150 Value)
* We Maximize your Insurance so you pay less out of pocket.
* 0% Interest Financing for 18 months
Am I a good candidate for Invisalign?
- Patients who have minor orthodontic problems, such as minor crowding and mild overbites or underbites, are suitable candidates for Invisalign.
- Older teenagers or adult patients whose jaws have finished developing are ideal patients for Invisalign treatment.
- Patients who are able to adhere to the Invisalign guidelines and follow the dentist’s instructions benefit from Invisalign.
- Patients who don’t have serious cavities or gum diseases are good candidates for Invisalign aligners.
- Patients who haven’t undergone any teeth restorations, such as dental implants and dental bridges, are suitable candidates for Invisalign treatment.
- Patients who don’t need their jawbone to be moved physically are good candidates for Invisalign.
How Long Do Invisalign Results last?
According to a systematic study published on the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, the results of wearing Invisalign aligners for several months are meant to last a lifetime. Nevertheless, routine aftercare is still required to preserve your new smile. If the new positions of your teeth are not maintained, teeth may eventually reposition themselves to their former positions. Therefore, retainers are frequently worn after Invisalign treatment because they help keep the teeth in their new positions.
How long do you have to wear an Invisalign aligner?
Wear your aligners for 22 hours each day for the optimum results. Your treatment will be delayed if you don’t limit not wearing your aligners for no more than two hours every day. Invisalign treatment may last anywhere from 6 to 12 months or longer depending on the patient’s case.
How long before I see results from wearing Invisalign aligners?
The majority of patients often take longer to notice any results. Some patients may begin to notice benefits from their Invisalign treatment as soon as two weeks after receiving aligners, while others may have to wait three to five months. The effectiveness of Invisalign depends on the unique circumstances of each patient.
What are the main advantages of Invisalign?
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible.
- Invisalign has a quicker treatment time.
- Invisalign only cause slight discomfort.
- Invisalign clear aligners are more comfortable to wear.
- Invisalign require less dentist appointments.
- Invisalign aligners are removable.
- Invisalign makes brushing and flossing easy.
- Invisalign has fewer to no food restrictions.
How much does Invisalign Cost?
Invisalign can cost from $2900 to $7000. The primary variables affecting the cost of Invisalign treatment are the severity of the patient’s case, the length of the treatment, and the amount that dentists pay to Invisalign.
FAQs for Invisalign
Can teeth decay under an Invisalign?
Yes, tooth decay may happen if you don't practice good dental hygiene. In order to keep your teeth healthy and avoid cavities or tooth decay, it's essential to maintain your daily dental hygiene routine during your Invisalign treatment. Additionally, before wearing your Invisalign trays again, they must be completely cleaned.
How long after finishing Invisalign Treatment can I eat?
After receiving your Invisalign aligners, you are free to eat and drink anything you choose, as long as you take them off first. Before you eat or drink anything, whether it be a short snack or a big meal, you must always take out your aligners. There's a chance you'll damage the aligners and delay your treatment if you don’t remove them.
Areas we Serve
Our office serves the following communities.