Published on January 16, 2023, Updated on January 17, 2023

Laguna Woods is a city located in Orange County, California. Laguna Woods became the 32nd city of Orange County on March 24, 1999, following a referendum by local citizens to separate from Laguna Hills. Approximately 90% of the city consists of Laguna Woods Village, formerly known as Leisure World, a private gated retirement community. The remaining 10% comprises of houses, publicly accessible businesses, and the city hall. Incorporation attempts in the late 1990s were primarily motivated by the desire for residents to have a stronger voice in opposition to the planned construction of an international airport at the adjacent deactivated Marine Corps Air Station El Toro. The airport idea was rejected, and the relevant property has been designated for development as Orange County Great Park.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laguna_Woods,_California

Geography

The city has a total land area of approximately 3.1 square miles (8.0 km2). It is bounded on the north and east by Laguna Hills, on the south by Aliso Viejo, on the southwest by Laguna Beach, on the west by Crystal Cove State Park, and on the northwest by Irvine.

Currently, the population of Laguna Woods is 17,452.

Laguna Dental Center

Laguna Woods is simultaneously one of the newest and oldest cities in California. Ninety percent of the city’s 4 square miles are encompassed within the gated senior community Leisure World. The remainder of the city consists of 3 more senior residential communities and a number of booming commercial hubs.

Laguna Woods is a city governed by general law and the council-manager system. The council-manager style of government combines 5 elected City Council citizen representatives, who establish policies and enact local legislation, with a City Manager and a team of professional employees and consultants who implement these policies.

See

Laguna Woods

California, USA
Drive from Moulton Pkwy and I-5 S to Laguna Hills
9 min (4.7 mi)

Drive to your destination – Laguna Dental Center 2 min (449 ft)